|
Couch Potato |
I am so kilig right now because of my latest cover photo on FB. Watching TV shows is actually one of my favorite hobbies to spend my leisure times. The series' title cards are arranged in the order I first watched (HIMYM) to the latest (ONCE). The episodes of the series are the ones I look forward to every week. They vary in premiere and finale dates, which can be a good reason since I don't have to watch them all at the same time.
BEWARE OF THE LONG POST.
1. How I Met Your Mother. Ahh yes, it's Ted and the gang! As I've mentioned earlier, this is the series I first watched last summer 2010. I spent almost half or a quarter of the whole summer marathoning (if there's such a term) seasons 1-5. And now, we're down to possibly the last season of this series. Damn, I'm surely gonna miss them especially Barney! HIMYM will always be my all-time favorite sitcom! What to love: The storyline. HIMYM doesn't only give you loads of laughter but there are sentimental scenes about love, friends, and family that somehow the viewers can relate to the show. The writers take you along in the story where your patience is tested, your faith is destroyed and restored, and tons of different life lessons. Aside from this is the characters' growth; you can see them change their life perspectives as they mature or as the story progresses. Other bonuses for HIMYM are the notable quotes by Future Ted, the appealing artists, awesome soundtrack, humorous dialogues and wait for it.. Barney.
2. Pretty Little Liars. The Gossip Girl meets Desperate Housewives kind of show. I don't know why either lol I just saw that description on Tumblr after its Pilot episode. Anyway, PLL is also a great show that focuses not only on teen romance but it actually makes you use your mind in solving mysteries. A mind boggling thriller full of secrets waiting to be revealed.
What to love: I just watched the last episode before its season break and the thing I love about this show is its consistency in providing the audience with a breathtaking, heartstopping twists and turns. It never fails to give us something to think about while our mouths are wide open lol. In my opinion, I find it very entertaining even though its not the most unique story there is. The actors and actresses make a great portrayal of their characters too. Not to mention their outfits are screaming, "Bitch I'm Fabulous!!" Got love for fashion and mystery? Go for PLL.
3. Teen Wolf. Gave me a reason to love Mondays, or should I say.. MOONdays. This action-packed supernatural teen drama, although falling short on 12 episodes for two seasons each which I hated the most, still caught my attention on Twitter/FB (?). My friends AC and Steffi were talking about the show and I got curious of the title and the rest is history. What to love: Gonna quote a review from IMDb, "Teen Wolf is what Twilight fails to be, FUN!" Haha! You are most certainly correct! I also thought Vampires were getting too mainstream (A reason I don't watch TVD) so I chose a show centralized on their enemies ---Werewolves. I also love the promising young cast and I think they have so much potential even if most of them are newbies in this field. Don't forget about Stiles and his adorably funny dialogues, and of course, my Derek ("My" talaga eh noh? :P) with his tough personality and muscular body. He's my Jacob. :> The storyline is so awesome, you can't wait for the next episode or season!! I guarantee you your time isn't wasted because they don't have this "sawa" factor. 4. 2 Broke Girls. The second sitcom I watched after HIMYM. A modernized Princess and the Pauper: the poor diner waitress meets another high society girl whose life recently turned riches to rags. Together, they are determined to reach their dream of establishing a successful cupcake business. What to love: Well, who's not gonna love Caroline's foolishness against Max's sarcastic personality? A perfect duo, indeed. Although I think they still have to work more on the substance of the story and not for the sake of the witty, sarcastic, a little pervy and some idiotic punchlines thrown at the audience to make it more watchable. That's just me btw, even so I still find it rather amusing. 5. The Secret Circle. Vampires, Wolves, Zombies.. each creature seem to have their own spotlight but Witches are just in time to join the bandwagon. Kerry introduced me this show but decided to watch this when Ian posted a status about TSC. What to love: The witchy vibes and the creepy soundtrack in the opening sequence. The show has something in store for the viewers but I guess they failed to deliver them in time. It was cancelled after a season 1 due to its lower expected ratings. However, there was a proposed plot for season 2 which eventually might save them and get them back on track but then, time is up. Overall, I sought potential in TSC prolly because I do have strong interest in witches and magic.
6. Revenge. If I were to describe Revenge, I'd say it's like a reversed PLL. Emily Thorne as the counterpart of A doing all the sabotage on those power-hungry socialites who framed her father in order to give him the justice he deserves.
What to love: From Metacritic, "They say Revenge is a dish best served cold, and here it's downright delicious." Emily with her vengeful intentions and how she's going to do what's on her list should do the trick. There are times the show is too draggy and boring but it still does cater to the likeness of campy soaps with interesting plot twists and aristocratic cast in a strategical game of chess.
7. Grimm. There's a police officer born with a special gift of seeing the monster within a person (called a Wesen but pronounced as a Vessin) A dark fantasy making use of the fairytale characters made known by The Brothers Grimm as primary suspects for the criminal investigations. What to love: This is harder than I thought. Hmm.. Grimm happens to be my least favorite series for the reason that I fail to catch up with what's happening. Talked this about Kerry and I guess it's only me. So I'm watching the series for the sake of I'm watching it haha. Although there are still pros if you're a CSI and thriller fan. It creates a good scare to the viewers because of the monsters while trying to solve the crime and save the world before bedtime (PPG ang peg). Monroe acts as a good and funny sidekick too. What to love: Fancy visual effects perhaps? Too early to say but I guess the story seems quite intriguing as you follow Snowhite, Prince James, Emma and Henry in a spellbinding quest of breaking the curse and ultimately defeating the Evil Queen. Plus! Unpredictable fairytale crossovers make the series more fun to watch. Imagine, Snowhite and Red Riding Hood teaming up to beat Regina aka Evil Queen? (Spoiled yah, but you get the point.) :) *I used to be a Gleek before I realized Glee was getting overrated that stopped me from watching the latter half of Season 3. Glee's kinda cute from the start but the energy dies down when there are subplots left hanging and the whole idea of the story flow eventually became too predictable. I don't usually do reviews since I'm not really good at giving them and this wasn't originally a review post but what the heck! The idea just came to me while writing the entry. As long as I enjoy what I'm seeing, I'm cool with it. B-) I was also thinking of adding the cons of each series but too lazy for it haha. !@#$%^&* Eff the long post. Labels: tv shows |
Info;
Archive;
Close, But No Cigar |
Sour Candy |
My Fair Lady! |
Like A Torrent |
Good Karma |
One Last Kiss |
21 |
Unexpectedly Epic |
Morose |
Falling From Cloud 9 |
|
Post a Comment