|
My Fair Lady! |
Aside from my friends' birthdays, there's also a special day being celebrated in August: St Clare of Assisi's Feast Day!This is the third time I'm blogging about this lovely saint, although the first and second can be read in my Tumblr account. You see, I'm not the most religious person out there (I've already said this line in my previous posts) but St. Clare serves as the mere connection to me and God. Just the thought of her keeps my faith alive and strange as it seems, I feel relieved instantly from all the stress and tensions around me. It gives me peace and serenity and a sense of encouragement whenever I'm in the monastery --- absolutely my favorite escape from the harsh reality. I've been looking forward to her feast day yesterday since August started. However, I woke up that morning with zero productiveness. Yep, it's me in my bummer mode again so I was having second thoughts whether to hear the mass in Katipunan or just wait for another day instead. But while I was browsing through my FB, this post magically appeared on my screen.. Oops! Looks like this is a sign that she really wanted me to come! But it's 230 already, will I get there on time? After 30min-1hr of travel (It took that long since it was unbelievably traffic in Imelda Ave and Marcos Hi-way), I reached Katipunan and was running towards the church. Contrary to the nature of this place, it's very unusual to see many people gathered together doing different activities all at once, i.e. buying/selling eggs and other souvenirs, entering/leaving the church, parking the car, etc. For a moment I thought I went to Quiapo lol. Anyway so I got there around 530PM.. 10min late but still just in time for the homily/mass. :)
Take note: the monastery was full of people so it was hard to breathe fresh air. And since I'm a very tall person (Mehh), I could barely see what was happening inside (Late attendance means standing outside the church).
After the mass, I went downstairs to the candle offering and the saints' area. Gosh, look at all these people!
I also wrote a petition to St. Clare. Hope I will get an answered prayer! :')
More pictures:
I offered three candles for each aspect: to my career/success/money, to my family and friends, and to my one true love (Asa HAHA). :)))
Little Trivia:
I got home later than expected, from the planned 7PM to 15min before 9PM. The jeep I was riding on suddenly encountered a tire problem that forced the driver to drop us off at Junction. It took me 10-15 more minutes to catch another ride from there. Luckily my parents went to watch their all-time favorite band TFF's concert at Araneta. Safe to say I was saved by the bell. :) Plus! I haven't paid my fare in the first jeep because I was indecisive between heading to SM Taytay or going home. Because of that, I only spent Php 12.00 from Katipunan to my home. MEHEHE.
I also got a freebie from the event: a mini statue of St. Clare! I didn't even fall in line to get one. :) But then my lousy phone's camera is being a bitch again, I couldn't take a picture of it. Boohooo maybe next time!
"Through the intercession of St. Clare,
Lord, hear our prayer."
*Long post is long. You can see other captions I've added when you hover some of the pictures.
Labels: august 11, churches, katipunan, life, monasterio de santa clara, st. clare of assisi |
Info;
Archive;
Like A Torrent |
Good Karma |
One Last Kiss |
21 |
Unexpectedly Epic |
Morose |
Falling From Cloud 9 |
Random 1 |
Lost |
Feel Good |
|
Post a Comment