"Soon it unfolds who we are in this masquerade of stars."
21st |
This is a day-late post because I was busy looking for a new layout for my blog.

So November 4 is the day! Happy Birthday to Me!!! :)
Let's try making a recap of today's just-like-the-ordinary event of mine.

My mom tried convincing me on celebrating my birthday by treating the whole family at Shakey's. Yes, for the nth time, it is quite often we eat at Shakey's whenever it is a special day since there is a branch near our subd. and it is affordable. I woke up today being greeted by my current roomies, Ate Thess and my sister, Chin. We were prepping up for the 10AM mass (or should I say, 10:15AM mass because we're late) at St. John the Baptist Parish in Taytay. Normally, I would not do so much preparation since I'm the last one to get up from bed. I would grab whatever shirt and pants  in my closet and wear them with a pair of slippers. They would tease me of going to a palengke instead of the church because of how I dress. Today was different. I wore a polo shirt, pair of jeggings, and cute flip flops. I also added some color to my face rather than my usual normal/pambahay look. All set, off to church.

For the past few weeks, I have noticed that there were new priests leading the Sunday masses; then again, today was different. We got there as fast as we could but reached the Homily part of the mass already. While walking up the stairs to the church, I recognized the voice of the priest. It was Fr. "Boy Abunda", we named him that way because he sounded like the TV Host, although in a more malambing voice. :) FYI, he is our favorite priest due to his ability to deliver the homily in a very clear and simple way.

All I can remember from the Homily was this.. "We still mirror God's goodness even in our own imperfect little ways. Kapag minahal mo ang kapwa mo na kahit kriminal pa siya, you're still reflecting God's goodness in you." It was a must-hear mass especially during my birthday. What's even more to this is that, I received the communion bread from the priest himself for the first time! Awesome!

After hearing the mass, we went straight to Shakey's for lunch. My dad went back home to fetch Papong and her son, Lolo Ben, who just came back from US, as well as Ate Alice and Ate Ghie. It took them a couple of minutes before they finally arrived and we were all starving. Another milestone for me, this day marks my First Blood and Birthday treat into one occasion! Good thing my birthday came four days after payday. Treating them with my own money was just fulfilling. :)

**This is actually a late late late post because I was busy watching series and I'm dead tired whenever I get home from office. I could have added pictures but the mem-card of my mom's BB was acting up again, so.. pictures have to wait for awhile. And this post could have been more detailed but since four days already past now, I forgot the rest of the day lol.

Labels: , , ,

Thursday, November 8, 2012 @ 10:46 PM with 0 notes | COMMENT | TOP

Post a Comment

Info;
"You can ask the universe for all the signs you want, but ultimately, we see what we want to see when we're ready to see it." - Ted Mosby :)

Doppelganger(s)

Bipolar;
In the midst of being..

My 

Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Archive;
Great Girlfrans | Kocheng Asul | Tensed Up | Type AB | Unfinished | Wooooo!! | Couch Potato | Close, But No Cigar | Sour Candy | My Fair Lady! |

Credits;

Blogskin made by Gabby. Tweaked by Yours Truly♥.