|
Unli |
Just finished drinking the last sip of milk before bedtime.I turned 10 months yesterday in the company I'm working at. 10 freaking bipolar months full of uncontrollable laughter and sarcasm with my closest friends amidst toxic days. I met overlapping deadlines and priority tasks. I got regularized and a salary increase. I think my writing skills were even enhanced for the past few months. Things are going pretty too well.. isn't it? If you ask me, ironically, I still don't know if I wanted to be a writer. Ha! Yep, that's just how indecisive slash happy-go-lucky slash go-with-the-flow-come-what-may type of person I have always been. I couldn't see myself in any profession at this time or in the long run, which I have to figure out sooner before everyone else catches the train and leaves me on the same platform. How I wish a walkthrough, a spoiler, a hint, or a skip button were available somewhere just to go through a chapter of our lives. It also sucks to see that some of your fellow batchmates and friends are already 50 feet ahead of you. One establishes a milkshake business with his own money, one waits for the confirmation of her big break abroad, one passes a certification exam, one gets promoted into a team leader, one starts planning her marriage and I can name more. Still, you are here sitting in front of your computer, blogging instead of going to sleep.Waiting and wondering for the perfect moment to start living life. A close colleague, whom I confided to a few days ago of this quarter-ish life crisis, told me to accept new challenges and kind of pushed me to try this particular field. It requires one thing though: Confidence. A trait I was unfortunate enough not to be blessed with. Even my supervisor wishes for me to be more aggressive and assertive. Funny that I begin to notice how they drop the topic quite often, like it was intentional. As if they wanted me to realize it will be a good experience to jumpstart a successful career in PM. It seems they are seeing a clear potential but I keep on fogging up the glass because, well.. I lack confidence and I'm pessimistic. I feed my insecurities more than my faith. I hope it was as easy as pie to define your default character settings and be 100% positive. Life doesn't work that way. Only a girl can dream it was. Take a few detours and make mistakes - that's what I'm supposed to do and I'm aware of it. But I fear failure so much that it's easier for me not to do or risk anything than get hurt and embarrass myself... ... leaving me on the same platform.. again. |
Info;
Archive;
HoiHoi |
Ultimate |
The Writer |
Highlights of my Twenty Twelve |
Dead End |
Then and Now |
12/07/12 |
#WriterProblems |
Tinkerbell |
litratos y memoryas |
|
Post a Comment