|
Freedom |
After 1 year and 7 months, I'm back to being unemployed! Hah!Yes, you read it right. Due to recent changes in the management, the company decided to downsize and I was one of those who didn't make it in the list of retained employees. Nevertheless, it was a crazy, stressful journey, and honestly, I'm happy they already let me go too. If there were things that will make me sad because I had to leave, then those would be: 1. Hassle-free travel. - I'm quite sure my next job would be somewhere in Ayala or farther, so there's 90% chance of tardiness due to long rides and heavy traffic (C5). Traveling to work has never been so convenient when it's an FX ride and a few walks to PSE bldg in Ortigas. Not to mention, SM Megamall and St. Francis is just a few blocks away from my former office (Shopping!!). 2. Flexitime - How many companies allow their employees to choose their own schedules? Our schedules have a two-hour grace period which is an advantage to those-who-always-race-against-the-clock a.k.a. me. I'm not a morning person, always late, and I couldn't tolerate waking up at 4 in the morning to start ahead. I never got along with my good friend Time, but my previous schedule (8:30 AM to 10:30 AM) compromised my bad habit. 3. Comfort zone - There were times I could sit for eight or more hours chatting with colleagues/friends, pretending to work (guilty as charged), and waste the day doing nothing. I believe in other offices, you'd be going to this department and there, attend meetings or trainings, etc. - something that would physically drain your energy. In our case, a typical day-in, day-out scenario happens more frequently. 4. Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears! - Kidding. I survived the whole CALCMENU experience with the help of my friends and colleagues. They were the ones who made my first work life memorable and less boring. They were (and still are) the group of people I got attached to, and will surely remember after many years. If it wasn't for them, I may have resigned a little earlier than now. Thank God for such good friends (and boyfriend too hahahaha!). I may be leaving the company with a heavy heart because of the chaos and other stuff, but the points above seem to pick up the pace, if not entirely cancelling the cons out. Labels: work |
Info;
Archive;
Sparks |
10 years ago |
Oh-Ghost |
Unli |
HoiHoi |
Ultimate |
The Writer |
Highlights of my Twenty Twelve |
Dead End |
Then and Now |
|
Post a Comment