|
#WriterProblems |
December 5th. It's been two months and two days since I started working.And on this day, I officially declare that I wanted out of this employed life. Yes? No? Maybe because I'm the only technical writer in the company, meaning all paper documents and marketing collateral are handled by yours truly. If not all, then maybe most of them and I'm not enjoying every second of it. Earlier today, I even thought of filing a resignation (kapal ng mukha, 2mos palang naman ako) but of course, I wouldn't do that. I was pouring my emotions to a friend/officemate out via Skype because of my overwhelming workload. Imagine this, I'm translating the user manual from English to German manually. I could've sent the manual for translation instead of doing this dirty work but there's this agreement where the translators charge you for every single word translated in EURO. To reduce costs, if there's an existing translated word in the language database, then you can use them for future references. Big deal: The manual I'm working on contains translated words scattered in two older manuals it followed. So I have to read all four manuals (both English and German) just to complete the current one. That's one of the tasks, another would be preparing tweets/statuses for promoting products, websites, solutions or blogging about them. Another would be changing screenshots or making adjustments with the current manual if necessary. Btw, the manual has 235 pages. Another would be encoding the newly translated words to the language database. Yowzah! I cannot always reason out that I'm a fresh grad and this is my first job so they have to lower their expectations and bear with me. No. I feel ashamed of being stuck in a single task too long and the others are already piling up my virtual desk (aka emails in Outlook). I'm forcing myself to adjust quickly with everything laid in front of me. As much as I wanted to split myself into many parts to complete each task given, like that's any possible. I know myself being a multi-tasker, a proven trait during my academic years of handling different projects all at the same time. However, things got more different and complex: The only writer in the company with no one to share with the tasks or even rant about the tasks (although I do that every now and then with my officemate hihi) and who can actually understand how the role deeply fries your braincells and sucks life out of your tired soul in order for you to exert some crazy writing efforts used in various projects. (I love how I said that, I really should blog more often to squeeze my remaining creative juices). It's been a while, old friend, since my last update. I had many finished blogs-to-be in my head but never wrote them down because of my busyness. Actually my plan was to eat dinner while preparing tweets/status/banner slogan for the holiday season. Was. Klicken Sie auf Speichern. Klicken Sie auf Suche. Waren- oder Rezeptdetails. Curse you, Deutsch/German, for being such an annoying language to deal with lol. Tomorrow is another day. Oh I miss blogging, it gave me a momentarily relief before hitting the sack tonight and waking up again tomorrow to face my seemingly endless catalog of pending and ongoing tasks. Gute Nacht. |
Info;
Archive;
Tinkerbell |
litratos y memoryas |
21st |
Great Girlfrans |
Kocheng Asul |
Tensed Up |
Type AB |
Unfinished |
Wooooo!! |
Couch Potato |
|
Post a Comment